Oh my goodness! It’s the countdown to fourth of July! Every day we will post something related to 4th of July or a blog on what we did that day. Today I will be posting recipes for 4th of July. Check it out!
- 4th of July Scones
2 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup very cold or frozen butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup milk
2/3 cup dried blueberries
2/3 cup maraschino cherries, drained well and chopped
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 Tbsp milk and 2 Tbsp sugar for tops of scones (optional)
1. Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Grate in the butter. Stir till coated.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, almond extract, and milk. Add to dry ingredients and lightly stir till ingredients are barely mixed. Fold in the berries and chocolate chips.
3. Divide dough in half. Press each half into a 5″ circle on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 6 wedges. Place each wedge on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Place in freezer while the oven is preheating to 425 degrees.
4. Brush tops of scones with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for about 18 minutes at 425°. Makes 12 scones.
- 4th of July Strawberries
- Strawberries washed and dried
- White chocolate
- Blue sugar, edible glitter, or sprinkles
- Place blue sugar in a bowl. In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave on 50% power for two minutes. Stir until the bowl is no longer warm. Then microwave for 30-second intervals at 50% power, stirring after each, until the chocolate is completely melted. Dip the lower two-thirds of the strawberries in the melted white chocolate. Then, dip the lower third of the strawberries in the blue sugar or spoon it onto the strawberry. Place on wax paper until completely cool.
- 3. July 4th Layered Drinks RecipeYIELD: 3 cups
Layered drinks in red, white, and blue- perfect for 4th of July!
- 1 Cup White Sobe Pina Colada flavored drink
- 1 Cup Red CranApple juice
- 1 Cup Blue G2 Gatorade
- Fill your glass 1/3 of the way full with CranApple juice.
- Fill to the top with ice.
- Slowly pour the remaining drinks directly on top of a piece of ice.
- You must pour directly over ice
Suggest your ideas for the next blog… Like and Subscribe!!!